See below an example of one of the many previous trips
Splashout Art Tours have been running since 2006 with many groups enjoying fabulous holidays and education throughout several wonderful destinations around Europe. Check out below for an example of one of them. This was an 8-person group that we took to Italy in 2017.
- Return Flight: Adelaide – Rome – Adelaide
- 3 days acclimatisation and art history tours – Rome
- 10 day residential art workshop – Tuscany
Experience level: Splashout in Italy 2020 is open only to experienced artists and/or clients who have studied with Splashout a minimum of two years.
The ‘Splashout in Italy’ experience . . .
This 14 day art tour has been designed, researched and experienced by Splashout management. Splashout has travelled Europe extensively and selects destinations from experience and personal recommendation. Splashout does all the research, best price negotiations and bookings for you, meaning you get amazing value for money, as well as the best possible experience.
Draft Summary – 14 day Itinerary
- Depart – Adelaide International Airport
- Arrive – Rome. Check in Hotel. Rest, relax and acclimatise at leisure.
- 3 fabulous days of private guided tours to key sights in Rome including the Vatican. Sistine Chapel. The Colosseum. And key sights of ancient imperial Rome.
- Private Guided Tour of Herculaneum Ruins.
- Depart Rome by private coach to Tuscany 10 day Art Workshop
- Depart Tuscany by private coach to Rome. Arrive 2.00 pm. At this point ‘Splashout in Italy’ closes. You may enjoy the afternoon in Rome at leisure, fly home or fly out for ongoing private travel (all at own expense).
All transfers are by private chauffeured coaches with English speaking drivers. Still awaiting quotes to add on to Rome fee. If travelling on, you may be dropped at Rome International Airport to connect with your ongoing flights (all included in fee) – still to be advised.
Airfare Information (to be confirmed)
Adelaide-Rome-Adelaide return economy fare
Emirates or Qatar Airline
– Departs Adelaide International Airport (date to be advised)
– Return Emirates (date to be advised)
3 days – ‘Rome Art History and Cultural Tours’
Examples of tours currently being negotiated are:
- History of ancient Rome
- The Colosseum
- Vatican Tour including Michelangelo’s ‘Sistine Chapel’
- Day trip to Herculaneum or Pompeii
10 days – ‘Residential Art Workshop’ – Tuscany
Presented by the ‘Easel & Lens’
To view their website – click HERE
Our workshop host is proprietor and Art Tutor/Photographer Julian Hyzler (see photos)
Julian is a highly experienced, qualified art teacher, who also makes the perfect ‘mine host’. Julian is perfectly happy working with experienced artists or absolute beginners (with whom he is very good). Throughout our 10 day Tuscan experience, Julian shares his knowledge of art and the region’s history. His witty, charming, patient, entertaining manner adds an additional dimension to an already magnificent trip.
Art Workshop – Tuscany – includes . . .
- Private coach pick up from Rome Hotel to our Tuscany home (3 hours-with coffee stop).
- 10 days (9 nights) qualified workshop tuition. Sensational accommodation and cuisine, presented in an authentically restored, chic, privately owned, 17th Century farmhouse/studio (with pool).
- After a day’s painting and/or sightseeing, savour home cooked Italian meals with local wines and relaxing chats. (Breakfasts/lunches/dinners/wine – included in fee when not sightseeing).
- When not painting in or around the studio, enjoy chauffeured Mercedes ‘people mover’ excursions to beautiful Tuscan hillside villages. Some of the most inspiring painting sites in Italy.
- We have negotiated several art history tours to be factored in to our workshop include a day trip to Arezzo, Florence, Sienna plus many beautiful Tuscan hillside villages and towns.
- Private coach pick up from Workshop to Rome airport or Rome Hotel (with especially negotiated side-trip for coffee and sightseeing in Orvieto en route to Rome).
NOTE: Quoted prices are per person/twin share and are still to be confirmed.
NOTE: Julian Hyzler also runs photography courses – more information HERE
Who Can Attend?
‘Splashout in Italy’ is open to the ‘Friends of Splashout’ network and the general public.
Experienced level – participants must be experience artists/painters or have studied with Splashout a minimum of two years. Feel free to discuss if uncertain. Maximum group number: 8 people.
View the 2014 ‘Splashout in Italy’ slideshow HERE
‘Splashout in Italy’ includes all accommodation/breakfasts based on individual rooms with ensuites (except Tuscan Art Workshop which is shared accommodation)
Private guided tours and entrances.
All transportation in pre-booked private chauffeured vehicles. (English speaking drivers).
10 day Tuscan Art Workshop: Bed/Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/beverages (except day trips).
During time in Rome – breakfast only is included.
General day to day eating/beverages are at own expense (except when at Workshop).
Accommodation & Room Sharing:
Prices are based on single rooms with ensuites.
Please note: The Tuscany Workshop accommodation is divided into two apartments. There is one single room available. The other 7 guests are in various share room/apartment configurations.
Please discuss if there are questions or concerns about room sharing.
NOTE: There will be a pre-trip meeting to nominate room – mates and discuss trip.
Guest Feedback – ‘Splashout in Italy’ – 2014
Splashout guests have enjoyed European workshops since 2008. The 2014 ‘Splashout in Italy’ tour was a great success. All guests testify it was a tour of ‘extremely high standard’. Feedback comments below + photo slideshow from trip.
Melody Minty – Boudrac/France 2014
‘Seamless VIP travel arrangements obviously organised by experts ! Pick ups and drop offs were in comfortable vehicles with guides who knew their stuff. Our Workshop was in a beautiful location with excellent food and all my needs taken care of so I could focus on my Art and enjoying the pool.’
Shai Coggins – Adelaide 2014
‘It was a fabulous, well planned trip filled with memorable experiences and jaw-dropping moments. Each day was wonderfully inspiring and I enjoyed it all. I loved the workshop experience with its great mix of activities. Splashout’s responses to requests were carried out with efficiency and speed. Overall I loved the experience and highly recommend the trip.’
Anne Harrison-Roth – Adelaide 2014
‘Beautifully orchestrated by Splashout, with ample information and updates along the way. The amount of time and energy put into planning, negotiating, and organising really paid off and created a ‘well oiled’ trip.”
Louise van der Merwe – Adelaide 2014
‘From the day I booked this trip everything was planned and organised brilliantly. The organising of the Amalfi Tour was great, including professional and informative guides. The accommodation was fantastic and a very good choice. The Tuscan Art Workshop was run by an amazing/inspiring teacher who shared knowledge of art history and teaching to a very high standard. The cuisine was fantastic.’
Mika Roockley – Adelaide 2014
‘A great payment plan. Communication/Information received prior and throughout the trip was fantastic. The whole experience was very well organised – a VIP holiday – the only way to travel.’
Angela Wucherphennig – Adelaide 2014
‘Great value for money. Well researched and well organised. The payment system was perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience’.
ONGOING TRAVEL: When ‘Splashout in Italy’ concludes in Rome, it is your choice whether to return or travel on. Splashout requires that guests depart from Adelaide to Rome as a group, however, it is not a requirement to return as a group.
Airfares quoted are Adelaide/Rome/Adelaide return flights departing as a group.
Be aware that if you stay longer or go travelling, your return date and departure location will increase the price of your fare.
NOTE: On completion of ‘Splashout in Italy’ all personal add on/side trips/transfer costs are the responsibility of each individual.
INTRODUCING SPLASHOUT’S TRAVEL AGENT: Riz Callisto Branch Manager Phil Hoffmann Travel | www.pht.com.au Stirling Office Call Riz anytime: 15/51 Mount Barker Road, Stirling SA 5152 Ph: 08 8131 4400 / Fax: 08 8131 4444 / Email: email@example.com
Feel free to research & book side trips, with our agent ‘Riz Callisto’.
IMPORTANT: If meeting Riz at her Stirling office, please make an appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: All dates/prices/services quoted above are a guide only and still subject to minor variations.
For all tour information/questions contact Jenny Tuck at ‘Splashout’
A special message from Splashout Tours coordinator: Jenny Tuck
“A Splashout tour is not just a holiday . . . it is a safe, interesting ‘Cultural/Art Experience’ !
Every detail is designed and researched by Splashout, with all outings presented by local English speaking drivers and professional guides. The group is safely chauffeured in quality private transport, to and from airport, hotels, key sights and destinations.
Hotels, tours, entrances, workshops and transportation are negotiated, pre-booked and pre-paid prior to departure. You have the freedom of no queues, no delays and no time wasting. All this means great value for money, with minimal fuss and expenditure during the trip, allowing guests quality time to simply relax and enjoy the ride – Belissimo”.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Complete the form below to register your interest for forthcoming trips